When Parents and Educators are asked , “Why do you educate your children?”, you will receive answers among which are:
- To get a good education, so they can have a good life,
- To get a good job,
- Because it is required by law, and other answers.
These are all good reasons, but it is not the whole reason. A biblical homeschool curriculum provides the core values necessary to achieve an excellent education.
The sole purpose of education is to train our children to think for themselves, to make decisions from values which are based on respect for the authority of God, love for their fellow man, and to build a respectful, productive and successful life. These are all byproducts of a biblical homeschool curriculum.
Parents who home school their children can hold to an education offering the following essentials:
- Each person has a purpose in life as they were created by God.
- Each person will be successful by having respectful attitudes.
- Character is based on absolute values of right and wrong.
- Mastering education skills produces confidence and enthusiasm, fostering success in life.
- Social skills of proper appearance, manners and speech are essential for a successful life.
- Parents have control over the influences and curriculum whereby the child learns.
- Parents can build proper attitudes toward their faith in God and respect for their Country.
These important aspects of a child’s education are seldom addressed by parents at home and seldom if at all by schooling attempts outside of the home. What if a child is “educated” by most school standards receiving a diploma and then fails to have the most basic of knowledge and understanding in these seven areas.
The most important responsibility in raising children is the practice of education. A person’s behavior and actions are based on what that person believes. A person’s value base is determined by how that person is educated.
Mastery education which trains a child with a mastery of the concepts of academic knowledge, financial knowledge, physical (health) knowledge, proper relationships and spiritual knowledge, makes up a true education. Home Schooling with the proper tools, curriculum, and structure will help the child to acquire these values for life.
The American Academy Staff thank you for allowing us to be a part of your home schooling.
For Information about the importance of socialization once your child is enrolled,
Visit Our Page Titled “Christian Homeschooling Programs – Importance of Socialization”