American Academy Accredited Home School Programs:
- The American Academy is accredited by the National Association of Private Schools
- Serves home school families in the United States and in Foreign Countries.
- Registered with the ACT / SAT testing programs and is NCAA course compliant.
- High School Graduation requires completion based on the Graduation Requirements of the State of Oklahoma.
- Graduates have been accepted by Oklahoma and other state Colleges and Universities.
- Approved school of which graduates have entered the Military Services of the United States of America.
- The American Academy is an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau.
- Registered in the State of Oklahoma as an S Corporation.
- Operates with a sales tax permit from the State of Oklahoma.
- Has operated as a Private Home School Academy with over 25 years of service.
- Has earned a credible reputation in the Educational Community.
The American Academy is an Accredited Home School Program. Home Schooling by its very nature is schooling at home by parents or those who the parent designates to educate their children in a home atmosphere. There is no state accreditation available for home schooling academies. In most cases, state accreditation requires certified teachers, on site schools, a certain amount of books in the library, and a certain amount of students in the school. Because of this, Private Schools concerned about a mastery of basic academic skills and character values based on Biblical principles, must seek accreditation from non-state accreditation programs such as the National Association of Private Schools by which the American Academy is accredited. Learn more about how you can enroll your child in home school.
School Accreditation reflects a school’s trustworthiness in the process of providing a quality educational program. The American Academy desires to provide those enrolled with a quality educational program. It is for this reason the Academy makes every effort to meet or exceed state and national educational guidelines for grade school through high school.
Our Christian based educational program quality assurance is self-evident from our accreditation with the National Association of Private Schools. We take that accreditation seriously and with much pride. Upon graduating from our academy, the student’s diploma has been accepted by colleges and employers across the country as an accredited home school diploma enabling graduates to receive scholarships, and financial aid that a student with a public school diploma may receive.
The American Academy provides an educational program based on mastery of course material which focuses on the level of instruction being held to the textbook “individualized learning materials,” not on the level of the class. In essence, the student earns the grade instead of being passed from grade to grade through “exposure instruction,” without mastery.
The American Academy is a leader in Christian Education and one of the finest names in home schooling. The Academy is recognized and used across the nation with a proven reputation in the educational community.
Transfers from our Accredited Home School to State Accredited Public Schools
Students entering back into a state accredited public school from the American Academy may be tested by the receiving public school to determine if he/she should be placed in the desired grade level, or if certain credits may be transferred to the receiving school. Public Schools are not required to accept credits from schools not accredited by the state or regional accrediting agencies. For additional information concerning re-entry into the public school system, call our office and ask to speak to the administrator.
American Academy accredited home school program graduates are accepted at colleges and universities, however, some colleges may wish to validate the high school diploma before admission of the student may be approved. Private Colleges and On-Line Private Colleges follow different policies for admission and may require other options for college admission.
National Association of Private Schools Accredited
American College Test Assessment School Number 372-631
High School Graduation Requirement Adherence
Assistance to Public Schools with Correspondence and Alternative Programs
NCAA Course Compliant